Current IT Job Vacancies - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Put simply our staff are our biggest asset. The quality of our staff directly impacts the value that we add to our clients. We're looking to recruit technicians, engineers and consultants that are best in breed and have exceptional personal values. You'll need discipline, energy and enthusiasm to deliver best in class services to our customers. You'll also be keen to improve IT Automation. We believe these attributes help us deliver exceptional levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Once you're a team member we'll also look after you as a loyal employer breeds happy staff. Exceptional training and certification opportunities exist for all staff, at all levels.
We are a fast growing IT support company, with a unique desire to deliver something special in the IT support space. We need a capable, motivated System Administrator to provide support to our growing customer base, whilst being part of a supportive close-knit team. You'll cover all aspects configuration and maintenance of service delivery, from initial project implementation to ongoing support and assistance. We're different from other IT support companies, as we're interested in our customers' success and recognise our role in them meeting their own business objectives.
Do you love tackling problems head-on? Do you enjoy coming up with simple solutions to complex problems and pain points? Are you constantly updating your knowledge of hardware and software trends and advancements? If you can answer “yes” to those questions, you’ll fit in well with our company. We run a fast-paced but casual office in a supportive atmosphere. We love variety and as an important member of our team you’ll wear lots of hats and gain plenty of valuable experience, across a range of different technologies and areas. Duties would include:
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
- Monitor the systems daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade internal and external systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
Ideally, you'd have:
- 5+ years’ experience in IT system administration
- worked for an MCSA or MCSE qualification (though not essential)
- Extensive experience with Office 365, Exchange online and Sharepoint
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS is essential
- Knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Basic understanding of IT service provision, goals and practices
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- Excellent telephone manner, written communication skills and the ability to listen to and understand customers problems
- a desire to take on responsibility
We offer an excellent, relaxed working environment and everyone is encouraged to grow. The successful candidates will be offered an annual salary of between £24,000 and £35,000 per annum, along with pension scheme, relaxed working environment and flexible working.
IT Systems Administrator - Cambridge Office (CB4)
£25k to £35k per annum depending on experience
Laptop & iPhone
IT Support Analayst - Cambridge Office (CB4)
£18k to £27k per annum depending on experience
Laptop & iPhone
Position Available Immediately.
- Educated to Grade A* to C GCSE level in Maths and English or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications
- Proven Customer service skills
- Experience of TCP IP, DNS and DHCP & Web Hosting
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical support role at an IT Support Company or similar
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant area (i.e. MCSA, MCSE, etc and/or working towards)
- 12+ months’ support experience of Windows & Server Operating Systems
- Office 365 / Exchange Online
- AV, Web and Email Scanning Solutions
- Hyper V Setup and Maintenance
- Voip / 3CX Telephone Systems
- Hardware troubleshooting of both desktop and server hardware
- Application support of Microsoft Office
- Understanding the importance of business processes and compliance
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent telephone and written (email/helpdesk) communications combined with organisational/time management skills
- Excellent listening skills and awareness of the business impact of IT faults
- Able to troubleshoot issues in a calm and polite manner.
- Ability to take ownership of incidents and progress to resolution.
- Good technical aptitude
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
- Analytical, with exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
- Ability to work under pressure and to support team members.
- Perseverance and determination,
- Self taught learning ability/research
- Self-motivated and wanting to be a part of something ambitious
To apply please contact David Moss, our Founder, by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call Cambridge 01223 750000 to discuss your situation.
A note to agencies
We are inundated with requests from Recruitment Agencies, Recruitment Consultants, Recruitment Analytics, Recruitment Services, Recruitment Advertising and HR companies on a daily basis. At the moment we don't accept applications or advertise via agencies or businesses that offer similar services. Because of this we kindly ask businesses in this sector not to phone us, email us or otherwise try to introduce yourselves, unless you are doing this by sending fruit, cake (even fruit cake) and / or chocolate biscuits to our offices. Speculatively sending CV's to us without express prior permission will result in those CV's not being eligible for any recruitment placement fee or similar.