Current Job Vacancies - Cambridge.
Put simply our staff are our biggest asset. The quality of our staff directly impacts the value that we add to our clients. We're looking to recruit technicians, engineers, finance, consultants and administration staff that are best in class and have exceptional personal values. You'll need discipline, energy and enthusiasm to deliver best in class services to our customers. You'll also be keen to improve IT Automation. We believe these attributes help us deliver exceptional levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Once you're a team member we'll also look after you as a loyal employer breeds happy staff. Exceptional training and certification opportunities exist for all staff, at all levels.
Finance Assistant- Cambridge Office (CB4)
16 Hours per week
£14.50 to £17.50 per hour, depending on experience
Flexible Working Hours
Position Available Immediately
We are recruiting a Finance Administrator. This role is key to our continued success. The successful candidate will work closely with management and our friendly IT support team to facilitate a highly organised and effective accounting function within the business. It's an excellent opportunity to establish yourself (perhaps you're being held back by your current role and/or management?)
- Educated to Grade A* to C GCSE level in Maths and English or equivalent.
- Proven Customer service skills
- Experience of Xero accounting software
They will be responsible for:
- Keep Accounts Payable and receivable up to date via Bank Reconciliation
- Source and Print/Submit to Xero Supplier invoices when missing
- Prepare Weekly AP / AR Summary Reports, via Xero
- Highlight overdue payments and chase for payment where applicable
- Check customer/supplier statements as they come in and reconcile where applicable
- Track Employee Expenses and Holiday
- Perform Payroll Submission via Xero, including Pension Autoenrollment
- Calculate Wages and do online submission, via Xero
- Enter / Submit payments into HMRC RTI system, via Xero
- End of Year Payroll and other Services P60 / P45 etc
- Filing and tracking of financial documents
- Monthly Profit and Loss report
- Produce the Quarterly VAT return
- Assist in tracking contract usage for customer contracts
It is essential that the post-holder has a sound grasp of accounting concepts, an interest in IT and/or telecoms systems and the ability to communicate effectively with staff, suppliers and customers regarding Financial queries and development of systems, features and issues.
Experience operating in a fast-paced and changing environment is advantageous. A good working knowledge of Xero is essential. A good understanding of double-entry accounting and experience of working to the requirements of detailed daily, weekly and monthly accounting cycles and deadlines ensuring that internal and external customers' needs are met are also important.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in accounting/finance role
- Above average excel skills
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills with good attention to detail
- Excellent spoken & written English
- Resourceful and quick learner
- Ability to collaborate and communicate well with colleagues
- Trustworthy, reliable and demonstrate commitment
- Can prioritise and have the ability to meet tight deadlines at month-end
- Have achieved or be working towards a formal accountancy qualification such as AAT, ACCA, CIMA, ICB or FIA
- Be proficient and have worked with the Xero accounting software previously.
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent telephone and written (email) communications combined with organisational/time management skills
- Excellent listening skills and awareness
- Able to troubleshoot issues in a calm and polite manner.
- Ability to take ownership of problems and progress to resolution.
- Good technical aptitude
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
- Analytical, with exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
- Ability to work under pressure and to support team members.
- Perseverance and determination,
- Self taught learning ability/research
- Self-motivated and wanting to be a part of something ambitious
To apply please contact David Moss, our Founder, by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call Cambridge 01223 750000 to discuss your situation.
A note to agencies
We are inundated with requests from Recruitment Agencies, Recruitment Consultants, Recruitment Analytics, Recruitment Services, Recruitment Advertising and HR companies on a daily basis. At the moment we don't accept applications or advertise via agencies or businesses that offer similar services. Because of this we kindly ask businesses in this sector not to phone us, email us or otherwise try to introduce yourselves, unless you are doing this by sending fruit, cake (even fruit cake) and / or chocolate biscuits to our offices. Speculatively sending CV's to us without express prior permission will result in those CV's not being eligible for any recruitment placement fee or similar.